Come plant some native seeds with CKISS on Earth Day! Please join the Interfaith Climate Action Collaborative, the West Kootenay EcoSociety, the community of Nelson and others in celebrating this year’s International Earth Day theme of “Protect our Species” at Hall St Plaza in Nelson on Monday April 22nd from 2-4pm!
2pm: Speakers, vendors and activities including:
- Painting a parachute for the planet with the Kutenai Art Therapy Institute (KATI)
- Take home seed planting with Central Kootenay Invasive Species Society (CKISS)
- Recycled Symphony
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby: Nelson-West Kootenay
- Cottonwood Preservation Society
- WildSafe BC
- Kootenay Co-op
- Kootenay Community Bat Project
- and more!
3pm: Parade to begin and end at Hall St plaza, with local Samba band to lead the way! Costumes encouraged!