Central Kootenay Agricultural Land Manager Survey 2024
As part of our continual efforts to improve programming in our region, CKISS is gathering feedback from the agricultural community on their invasive species issues and needs. The intent of this survey is to provide background information to support outreach and services targeted to the agricultural community. Please fill out this survey or get in touch with us at email@example.com or 1-844-352-1160 ext 210 with your comments.
Results will also be used to develop programming and guide the actions of the Central Kootenay Invasive Species Society.
How can YOU help
- Control established invasive plants using methods appropriate to site and species, such as hand pulling, digging, cutting and mowing… except for knotweed. Do not dig, mow or cut knotweed.
- Minimize soil disturbance and damage to desirable vegetation
- Promptly seed or re-vegetate disturbed areas with non-invasive plants
- Since invasive species are extremely persistent, ongoing control and monitoring is often required
- See our species profiles for more info on individual species of concern within the region