How can YOU help
- Control established invasive plants using methods appropriate to site and species, such as hand pulling, digging, cutting and mowing… except for knotweed. Do not dig, mow or cut knotweed.
See here for knotweed control methods.
- Minimize soil disturbance and damage to desirable vegetation
- Promptly seed or re-vegetate disturbed areas with non-invasive plants
- Since invasive species are extremely persistent, ongoing control and monitoring is often required
- See our species profiles for more info on individual species of concern within the region
Useful Links and Resources
Canadian Food Inspection Agency – Invasive Species